How to Apply
A completed application for any of the graduate programs will include:
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts of all academic work attempted after high school, including evidence of the completion of a Bachelors degree
- OPTIONAL – Report of GRE scores – Absence of GRE scores WILL NOT impact a decision
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s interest in the program (1-2 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from former Instructors, advisors, or employers
- A current Curriculum vitae
- For international students, official TOEFL scores.
Fall term application due dates:
PhD in Chemistry and Biochemistry:
Best consideration by December 15
All PhD students receive financial support (teaching assistantship plus tuition waiver or funds)
MS in Chemistry and MS in Chemistry – Biochemistry Concentration:
March 15 for full consideration (admission plus financial support)
We accept applications after March 15, however it is likely we cannot offer financial support to late applicants.
Note: For international students, if the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) course-by-course evaluation requirement represents a significant financial burden please contact the Graduate Program Director, Dr. Liam Duffy (email@example.com).
In some circumstances, students may be admitted for a term other than fall, including spring and/or summer with the approval of the Graduate Program Director and the Director of Graduate Admissions. Requests for an exception would need to be emailed to the Graduate Program Director.
For more information about the PhD program, contact:
Professor Liam Duffy – Director of Graduate Studies
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
435 Sullivan Science Building
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170