How to Apply
A completed application for any of the graduate programs will include:
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts of all academic work attempted after high school, including evidence of the completion of a Bachelors degree
- Official report of GRE scores
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s interest in the program (1-2 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from former Instructors, advisors, or employers
- A current Curriculum vitae
- For international students, official TOEFL scores.
An electronic application is available on the UNCG Graduate School Website
Due Dates – all for admissions to start in the Fall term
PhD Medicinal Biochemistry:
All PhD students receive financial support (teaching assistantship plus tuition waiver or funds)
MS in Chemistry and MS in Biochemistry:
March 15 for full consideration (admission plus financial support)
We accept applications after March 15, however it is likely we cannot offer financial support to late applicants.
For other information about the Chemistry or Biochemistry program, contact:
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
435 Sullivan Science Building
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Professor Norman Chiu – PhD Students
Professor Liam Duffy – MS Students